Spherical vacuum chamber

. donderdag 17 maart 2011
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

Today I finally had the time to visit the dump where I saw the two spherical plugs which I plan to use for the vacuum chamber.
I had to spend 2 hours lifting heavy stuff and had to dismantle the plugs, all very heavy work, had some help from two very friendly polish men. My back hurts, but I'm very happy!
They are perfect!
The big connection between the two halves has exactly the right edge for a copper ring, there are openings for a viewport and current feedthrough openings, just great, fantastic and very cheap :)
I will have to to a lot of work to make it into a vacuum chamber, but it's a good start, the inner diameter is 28.5 cm and each half is about 30 kg inox.
The plugs were originally used in an oil refinery.
Here is a picture:

0 reacties: